Re: Linux (x11) typing tutor needed.

Hi Harry,

My personal experience with HS kids is that typing books are better, because:

1) at the end of the class they can hand in how much they typed, either via
email or printout to help them with evaluation.

2) it gives them more practice with typing in an application where they
will normally be typing -- a word processor/email program.

Just my preference.  I find programs too hard to use to track daily use and
effort.  Therefore not very valuable, since in the end I have to give the
students grades too.