Re: [seul-edu] Introduction

Mike Wohlgemuth wrote:

> I found out about this list while searching for some examples of gradebooks
> that use php and either postgresql or mysql (I have postgresql installed but
> they look pretty similar for my simple purposes so I will go where I am led)
> I browsed the seul archives and read most of the interesting discussions on
> creating a Gnome Gradebook, but .. this is not what I am looking for ... I
> want a purely web interfaced gradebook. I only want a simple
> grades/weight/calculation/entries program that would be able to pull
> together information on a single student from all classes.

Welcome, Mike!  You've probably noticed the discussion about online
testing, and how it is now expanding to contain a discussion on a
web-enabled gradebook to be used with AUC.  You might want to contact
David Culp about KTeacher.  The other gradebook projects seem moribund
to me, and if I don't hear from their leaders in a week or two I'll
probably take them off the list. (Notice to Bradley and Justin--contact
me and let me know what the status of these projects are if you want to
keep them on the page).