[seul-edu] Re: Dr Genius 0.5.5 release

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 10:19:45AM +0800, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Dr Genius 0.5.5 release at http://drgenius.seul.org
>
> Change log there: http://drgenius.seul.org/log.html
>
> Happy Chinese New Year!

Wow!  I like that...

I'm trying to install it here, and I've discovered that the configure
script has a dependency on the termcap library.  This does not look
right to me, as the standard for terminal handling is now terminfo.
Where is this dependency coming from?  Should we get rid of it?
Can we get rid of it?

I've manually removed the check for this library from the configure script.

In general I have noticed that the configure script does not check for the
presence of some libs:

  libglade-gnome
  libzvt

In the canvas part I've some problems with C++ compilation. I've  had to
make a small fix in the file plot_3d.cc (#include <fstream.h> instead of
<fstream>), and I've had to enable exception support in the compiler by using
the -fhandle-exceptions command line switch for gcc.

I've also fixed a small problem in canvas/plot_h.cc at line 91, replace the
new operator by an invocation of malloc.

I've now problems at link time, still with the canvas part.  I'll try to solve
them later.  I guess that some of these problems may be due to the version of the
compiler I'm using (2.7.2.3).

I'll keep you informed of my progress...

--
Laurent Gauthier                         ;; mailto:Laurent.Gauthier@alcatel.fr
Alcatel -- Network Management Unit -- Support Team ;; Voice: +33 1 69-63-17-74