Re: [seul-edu] New Application

Michael Williams wrote:

> I found this looking through some info I've been getting and thought you
> might want to take a look.
>
> Streams Online
> http://lxk12.org/sol.html
>
> I believe it's similar to LearnLoop

I looked through the site, and I don't think it's really analogous to
LearnLoop or AUC.  SOL seems to be a web-based collaborative writing
tool, where students can post their writings, edit them, and comment on
the work of others.  It is a number of perl scripts running as CGIs,
with an SQL database as the backend.  That sounds similar technically to
AUC and LearnLoop, and might mean that SOL could be integrated into
these programs as a plugin (that's highly speculative, of course).

I'm on the lxk12 mailing list, and I don't remember seeing anything
about this there.  Ray, I know you're on that list too; is this new to
you too?  I've mentioned SEUL/edu on lxk12 a few times, but we don't
seem to be getting many folks there to join us here.  I don't know why.
If anyone can persuade Randy Wright to join us here (if he isn't already
here and I've just forgotten), I think that would be a good idea.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just