Re: [seul-edu] Consolidated gradebook effort

> From: Kris <seul@dufas.globalnet.co.uk>
>    o  Must let students view their current number of points
> and all their grades ...

>    o  Must produce printable reports on a list of students ...

>    o  Must be able to produce a variable picture (in a list
> of students) depending on whether or not students are
> up-to-date with all assignments ...

This is the first time I've actually seen specifications for what a grade
book is supposed to do.  Most of the discussion I've seen on the list
centers around databases and web servers.

Is there some analysis documentation anywhere?  Are there a set of
reasonably canonical use cases that describe a good grade book application?
Is there a commercial grade book application that has enough online user
documentation to serve as a feature set to be emulated by a consolidated
open source application?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Techentin                                  techentin.robert@mayo.edu
Mayo Foundation                                           (507) 284-2702
Rochester MN, 55905 USA   http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html