Re: [seul-edu] New educational app - Gutenbook

Doug Loss wrote:

> I've seen this a few times recently, but just got around to passing it
> on:
>
> <http://www.red-bean.com/~lefty/gutenbook.html>
>
> "Gutenbook is a graphical interface written in Perl/GTK+ for
> downloading, browsing and reading Project Gutenberg Etexts. It is
> protected under the GNU GPL."

I think this is a great tool ! I'm trying to get it to work, and I was
going to report on it here. Hoever, getting all the right Perl/Gtk modules
installed in the right place is a little tricky.

Right now I can browse the list of books, but it crashes after downloading
a book.

I've already exchanged a few emails with the author, hopefully we'll be
able to get it work by the end of the week.

Chris.