Re: [seul-edu] CD Server

Dan Yonker wrote:

> Has anyone set up a linux box to serve multiple cd roms to users?  I am
> trying to do just that by using the mount loop command and having it
> mount different iso images of cdroms.  I am looking for a better way or
> confirmation that this is a good way to do this.  We currently have a
> Procomm CD tower that went bad and I would like to replace it with a
> linux box.  Any ideas.....

There was a thread on Slashdot last year about this:

<http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/99/06/11/1429250.shtml>

The general concensus was that it's doable but not worth the effort.
Instead, it's cheaper and better performing to buy a big hard drive and
just copy all the CDs to it, then serve the data from there.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just