[seul-edu] KidsGames.sourceforge.net

The kidsgames project  now has it's own project started at
sourceforge.net....

I would like to open discussion on EXACTLY how we are going to use this
resource.

[uninterested parties can hit delete now, and sorry for taking your
bandwidth]

I wish to put the web pages we do in CVS, as well as to get Brian
Thompson's word database into CVS as well as get any of the projects that
are willing into our cvs or have links from our pages to their cvs
trees....

I want to make extensive use of the task management system to sub task
alot of our work.  I'm too tired at the moment to think of proper
subtasks, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking of coordination subtasks
for coordinating with each of the different distributions as they build
THEIR own kids related groups (debian is already well on the way with the
debian-jr project), database subtasks (Brian, you would probably be the
one to start work on this as you already have started the creating
a database - let me know if you are interested), interface subtask for
defining the interface our system will use between our database(s) and the
applications that want to use it (i'm just thinking of some type of well
defined API here),  documentation subtask, website html subtask,
coordination of our project with existing education/game projects
subtask.  I hope some of that made a little sense, I'm way too tired to be
sending this, but I AM REALLY excited to FINALLY have the sourceforge
resources at our disposal....  Only took three tries and the involvement
of several sourceforge admins (thanks guys).

Please suggest alternate/more sane subtasks...

I will need help determining the best way to create the file modules in
the cvs.  I'm not new to administrating revision control systems, but I
am new to cvs, so if you have some experience in this area please share
it.

If any of you have already done projects
through sourceforge, your insights and thoughts will be appreciated.

Please wander over to sourceforge.net and check out the kidsgames project.
If you are so inclined register as a user/developer at sourceforge....  If
you want to be a developer/website maintainer/documentation writer/etc. on
the kidsgames project let me (jeff@smluc.org) know what your sourceforge
user account name is and what permissions to do what you would like to
have.

I have chosen GPL as the overall license, because it's what I preferred,
and we can still handle releasing pieces of what we do under other
licensing (either simultaneous to GPL licensing or separate from).  We
will handle those issues as they arise (and no doubt they will :)

--
Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org

Kids Games Project Coordinator