Re: [seul-edu] Cooperation

This my second mail on seul but I think we could perhaps help a little.
As you may know People from seul.org were on our stand during L.W. in
NY. My job at Mandrake is actually dedicated to propose a distro to the
French State Educational Minister. We are not exactly competing with a
debian Jr project cause our goal is more orientated to kids aged 10+.
Eventhough it is in the interest of Linux in general to make it
available with the most user friendly graphical interface as possible.
Kids are probably the most reactive people to a graphical interface. If
it works with them it means that anyone can do it (I hope you don't
think I take kids for idiots, but I think that they don't understand how
the hardware works but have a great intuition and yes this is what we're
all looking for).
In conclusion I would say that Kids are the solution.
Concerning how to reach KDE I know that we have some developpers at
Mandrake working for KDE. I could perhaps put you in contact each other?
That's it for today
CU

--
Philippe AMBON