Re: [seul-edu] Cooperation on kid-oriented software

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> Naturally, we have our own ideas and will want
> have some input into the process.  But SEUL/edu would likely bring it all
> together better than we would.  Or if not SEUL/edu, then a working group
> focused on user interfaces for children (as a good child's user interface
> is not really a problem specific to education).  Am I clearer now?

We tried this a while ago by trying to work with a group called LUIGUI
(which I don't remember what it stood for), but they never seemed to do
much of anything.  This time we'll have to try to act a the catalyst
ourselves, I think.  I'll contact the KDE, GNOME, and Windowmaker (GNUstep)
people directly.  With Windowmaker I know who to talk to; Phillipe, could
you get us the proper person within KDE for such a discussion?  Does anyone
know who to talk to at GNOME?  I assume it's the Eazel people, since
they're doing Nautilus.  If anyone has someone else who should be
approached for this please speak up.  Besides interface designers it would
be a good idea to get people with some HCI (human-computer interaction)
training and experience in the discussion, particularly if they've done any
work with kids and HCI.  Does anyone know who to contact for that?

--
Doug Loss            There's no trick to being a humorist
dloss@suscom.net     when you have the whole government