Re: [seul-edu] Consolidated quiz program

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Stephen A Quam wrote:

>I am for consolidating the quiz program into one effort. I think we need
>to put some thought into its design. As it has to be easy to use. Quiz
>input needs to be simple. I would recomend a web interface. I have
>designed a system like this before. Unfortunately I don't have the source
>code, and it was written in Cold Fusion. Which doesn't help us. I would
>recomend using MySQL as the DB, and PHP3. As these are available for

I remember MySQL is  restrictive:  its  license  doesn't  allow
commercial use. So probably PostgreSQL is better?

There is also Gadfly/Zope. (Zope=almost ColdFusion?)

I  even  think  Python  is  easy  and  powerful  enough  to  be
interesting for advanced users. (Zope is based on Python)

>free.
>>
>> Roman Suzi had started design work a while ago on QZB, and Dan Kionka has a
>> number of good links on his Quiz Page <http://cvs.seul.org/~dkionka/quiz/>.
>>  Stephen Quam is interested in doing some database work on a project like
>> this, and there are some other quiz programs around that the coders might
>> be interested in folding into a consolidated effort.  I think a good solid
>> backend with multiple interfaces (CGI, GTK, curses, etc.) could be very
>> handy here.  We've already got a quiz task group mailing list
>> (quiztg@seul.org), and Roman has already offered to have his QZB project
>> entry be changed into a consolidated quiz/test program entry.  What do you

Yes. I can't go further with real code, unfortunately.

>> all think?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
Russia * Karelia * Petrozavodsk * rnd@rsuzi.pgu.karelia.ru
* Thursday, February 24, 2000 * Powered by Linux RedHat 6.0