Re: [seul-edu] New ListServe Member

> (Win2000 and Linux).  Linux would be used for the Web Page Design and
> programming classes.

   That should be easily done.  A simple install of LILO would handle the
dual-booting for you (since it's Win2000 I'm not sure, but NT can also
handle the duties).

   The slickest auto-Linux dual-boot scheme I've seen is Corel's install.
Corel is aimed as a straight desktop GNU/Linux system, so it's a breeze to
install.  I'd recommend downloading the ~300MB Corel *.ISO image from
<ftp://ftp.corel.ca> and burn a copy to play around with it.  It'll autorun
from Windows and its install will auto-detect Windows and set up a dual-boot
scheme.

   What's also neat about Corel is since it's based on the Debian
distribution you can uncomment one line in /etc/apt/sources.list and then
upgrade to a full-blown Debian system and add (literally) thousands of other
software packages to Corel's base system.  Debian has more packages than any
other GNU/Linux distribution and gives you a wide variety of
programming/web/HTML/XML tools.

   What other specific questions did you have?

   And I can't resist -- I assume you'll be using Win2000 for apps-type
classes.  Make sure you have those apps classes boot GNU/Linux once or twice
-- the speed differences ought to be enough to make an impact on those apps
students. :-)

--
 Regards, | (redwards@golgotha.net) | "The most important design issue...
 .        | http://www.golgotha.net | is the fact that Linux is supposed