Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:54:32 +0000 (GMT)
From: Paul Kienzle <pkienzle@kienzle.powernet.co.uk>
To: kidsgames@smluc.org
Subject: [kidsgames] what to teach

In searching for a sources of text for the dictionary project, I hit upon
the idea of checking out home schooling pages and national curricula.  I
didn't find what I was looking for (an online text with everything you must
teach for a complete K-12 education), but the national curricula are
interesting.  In particular http://www.dfee.gov.uk/nc/ gives explicit
guidelines for what each age group is expected to learn.  When building
a game to teach a particular concept, you could do worse than look here
for an appropriate target age.  And conversely, this is a good place to
look for concepts to embed in a game which is targetted at a particular
age group.

Paul Kienzle
pkienzle@kienzle.powernet.co.uk
-