Re: [seul-edu] Zschool?

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Doug Loss wrote:

> In yesterday's Linux in education report I referred to Zschool
> <http://www.zschool.org>.  I felt a little uneasy about doing so because
> it seems to have started in December with quite a bit of discussion on
> the mailing list and then quieted _way_ down.  I only saw one message
> over the past week or so.  Is this still a going project, or did it kind
> of wither?  Tim Wilson, you seemed to be pretty heavily involved with
> Zschool--what can you tell us about it?

Hi everyone,

The ZSchool/Zope-edu project (we're not sure what to call it yet) is still
alive. You're right, there was a flurry of discussion back in December
with a number of people from around the world interested in beginning or
actually involved with Zope projects for education. Unfortunately, over
the holiday break, the machine that was hosting the listserv had some
problems and mail traffic was interrupted for a number of days while the
admin of the broken machine was out of the country.

The good news is that the project is now up and running at
Sourceforge.net. The email list should be back up in a day or two and
we're looking forward to getting back the momentum we had a few months
ago. The Web site continues to be available at http:/www.zschool.org/ and
provides some valuable info about the goals of the group.

I will let this list know when everything is ready to go on the listserv.
Hopefully lots of people will be interested in the project. Feel free to
contact me for more info.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/