Re: [seul-edu] Zschool? Let me try this one more time...

We are currently involved in setting up a "ZSchool" at Yorktown, and would love
to work with other folks interested in this project.  I must say, however, that
I have not been very encouraged by my last experience trying to get something
going through the seul-edu list, as evidenced below by my two postings
from Feb. 8 to which I have still not received a reply :-(  I decided to give
it another shot, however, so lets see what happens.

jeff elkner
yorktown high school
arlington, va

On Tues, 8 Feb 2000, I wrote:
> Hi All!

> This is really exciting!  I have a student who has been working on a grade
> book program for his independent study project this year.  He has been
> studying GTK, glade, Python, wxWindows, and a few other things trying to get a
> handle on how to approach this problem.  He has recently started looking at
> XML.  He is a very talented student, but even so the entry points into much of
> this technology is quite daunting.

> I was wondering if it would be possible for him to work with some of you in a
> sort of mentor/apprentice relationship.  He is a bright and responsible
> student and I think he could make a valuable contribution to the project,
> but I lack the knowledge to properly guide him (though I am eager to learn
> from him once he figures this stuff out ;-)

> Also,  could someone point me in the right direction to read something (again,
> not too daunting ;-) about EDUML?  Thanks for your help.

> jeffrey elkner
> yorktown high school
> arlington, va

and later that day I wrote...