Re: [seul-edu] simple Python program ideas?

Chris Hedemark wrote:

> what kind of applications would be worthwhile for a beginner
> Python programmer to take on?  Or are there any existing projects who could
> make use of a beginner Python programmer?

My 18-month-old would appreciate a program that did something like put a
shape or several shapes (geometrics would do fine for a first run, the
option for shaped images, photo cut-outs would be nice later) up on the
screen, full-screen, and showed a large mouse pointer. When the pointer
was moved over a shape, the shape would change colour, unfade or
something like that to acknowledge this magnificent feat of navigation.
If mouse buttons were clicked, a sound for each button (choice of one
sound only to start with, later L-M-R per picture) and some reaction
(inversion? border?) from the shape would acknowledge the action. The
aim of the program would be to encourage basic mouse skills.

It would be easy to diversify this kind of thing to teach basic math and
literature skills.

Just my 5c worth (they took our 1c and 2c pieces away from us Aussies a
few years ago).

--
I suggest you read the material in order of page number.
     -- Charles Kelemen, on a homework assignment