Re: [seul-edu] Linux, Open-Source Software, Robots, and Education

At 05:51 PM 2/4/01 -0500, Douglas Loss wrote:
>On Thu, 01 Feb 2001, Keith O'Hara wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone on this list had any experience with
>> robots in the
>> classroom and if so would be interested in using robots and
>> linux in the classroom.
>> ...Anyway, here's a URL for the LinAXE
>Project <http://Linaxe.sourceforge.net/>, "an Open Source
>project to further develop "tiny" or embedded versions of Linux
>and Real Time Linux Operating Systems for use in Robots and
>Autonomous Machinery."  I hope it's helpful.

I just saw the list of finalists for the contest sponsored by Embedded Linux
Journal, and there were at least a half dozen entries related to robotics.
The list should up up shortly at the magazine's Web site
(http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/). All projects have URLs listed, so you
can at least see what they are planning.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com