Re: Fw: RE: [seul-edu] Fw: mySQL access trouble

How easy? The easiest way is to use a GRANT statement, though you can edit
the table directly with INSERT statements if you really want to.

If you have access to the MySQL manual, see sections 6.12 and 6.13.

There are lots of options and variations, and because security is involved
you should probably read the manual, but in a nutshell:

Login as root (by the way, is root password set?) and then at the prompt
type

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO somebody@somewhere
IDENTIFIED BY 'someword' WITH GRANT OPTION

You can specify specific privileges (INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE etc) and
specific databases/tables (mydata.mytable).

Michael Hall