[seul-edu] New software listings

I've used the wiki that Roger has installed and that Bruno is
maintaining (while cheerfully answering my fairly clueless questions
and gently correcting me when I do stupid things) to create a new
listing of all the educational software for Linux from the  Linux in
education reports and the mailing list messages.  You can find it
here:

http://www.seul.org:8080/wiki/edu/edu/Software

The only index currently is "Alphabetical."  There are 194 listings
as this moment.

The nature of a wiki allows anyone to edit any page, so I've
included a place for reviews on each program listing.  If you've
used a particular program, feel free to "Edit this page" and add a
review of it.  If you do, please put your name in parentheses at the
end of your entry (thereby signing the entry).

If anyone feels energetic, there could be much more usable indices
than just the Alphabetical one.  Feel free to create new ones that
index on category, age level, license, or whatever you like.  I'll
talk to Bruno to see if there's a way to automatically index on
various keywords, but that shouldn't stop us from doing manual
indices to our particular interests.

Take a look, and let me know if there's anything we can do to make
it more usable for you.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid