Re: [seul-edu] New kernel

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Dave Prentice wrote:

>     I see that the new kernel is out and that it offers better
> support for dual processors. Since I'm putting together a
> dual-processor server, that sounds good. However, I don't have
> a clue how to install a new kernel. Can anybody point me
> toward a HOWTO or something?

This is the kind of question I'd like to see discussed on the
wiki <http://www.seul.org:8080/wiki/edu>.  Go there and edit the
page to create a link to a new page on installing a kernel, then
everyone make your comments on that page, amplifying each others
observations as you like.  I hope that in that way we can come
up with some more easily accessable "sense of SEUL/edu"
information on various topics that we can use something like
FAQs.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.