[seul-edu] Re: LINUX onto old,small computers

Martin@seul.org, Qvistgård@seul.org wrote:

> To save space and resources, why not build your own lean, mean
> linux? If you
> put some work into doing this you will end up with a better machine
> than with
> any distro. All the instructions you need are at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org Some knowledge about compliling
> kernels are a
> big plus, though.
>
> Build on one machine and use dd or similar to copy to the other
> machines.

Great idea.  Now if I only had the time.   I have a rapidly approaching
deadline and so really can't explore that route.   Does anyone know of
such a lean, mean LINUX having been built on a small machine that
is available for use elsewhere?  I'd certainly be interested for the
next generation/district of ancients->students.
I'll certainly look at linuxfromscratch anyway.

	Ralph  deal@kzoo.edu