Re: [seul-edu] A count on users of K12LTSP

Well, we are not using K12LTSP, since to the most part, we don't use
RedHat based systems.

We are using LTSP on Debian SID (unstable) for 33 P90 clients (dual athlon
mp 1800+ server, 1.75GB ram), this will probably be scaling to 50 cleints
after the school air conditioning project is done (3 rooms at a time being
moved, to temp rooms, and then back after two weeks).

At the same site, we also have 33 PIII 550s running dual boot of Debian
SID and Windows 2000 (most spend >90% of time in Linux, a few teachers use
Windows 2K as prefered OS, depends on the teacher), and 56 PIII 733
stations dual booting Debian SID and Windows 2000, these are student
stations, and spend >99% of their time in Debian (a few bits of testing
software require windows).  The systems were shipped by the State of
Arizona with Windows 2000 licenses.

Total Debian/Debian LTSP based stations: 33+33+56=122 stations  BTW the
primary users at this site is K-5 students (600 students), ages 5-11, and
the site has been using Linux on the Desktop since 1997.

My contact info is in my .sig, please feel free to ask me anything you
want in regards to Linux, Open Source, and Free Software on the K-12
educational desktop.

		Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder