Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: Questions

Darryl Palmer wrote:
I have some questions concerning Phase 3.

1) "units" is a Phase2 science program but it currently is not in the
database, is this supposed to be "units-filter" or is this referring to
"GNU units"?

2) "Gravitational Particle Simulator" is a Phase2 science program but
the link, http://www.olografix.org/xenon/, is currently dead.  Does
anyone know of an alternate location for this program?

First, let me say that I really appreciate the attention you're paying to all this, Darryl. Having said that, I'll address your questions in each of your messages as well as I can.

Most of the entries in Phase2.txt were put there because I found references either on a school's website or on the website of the application in question to their actual current use in one or more schools. Because of that, I can't say definitely which app "units" refers to, but I suspect it's GNU units.

As for GPS, you're right. I've located it here:

ftp://ftp.mlb.co.jp/pub/linux/mld5/science/RPMS/gps-1.0-1_mlb1.i386.rpm
http://usi.olografix.org/down/gps-1.0.tar.gz
http://www.au.horde.org/pub/hpux/Gtk/gps-1.0/

I'd probably go with the second entry. This brings up another point. Our App Index has an unfortunately large (and unfortunately growing) number of bad links. I just don't have the time to go through and fix them all myself. I could really use some help in that area. Eventually, I'd like to work with Freshmeat to keep our data in sync with their more-regularly-updated data, but for the moment we need to get our own house in order.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain