Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3 Report (Feb. 16, 2003)

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 07:32, Darryl Palmer wrote:
> ISO Phase 3 Report for February 16, 2003
>
> APPLICATION BREAKDOWN
>
> Eliminated Applications (4)
>    CensorNet
>    Educational Information System
>    EGg0
>    NintiNet

Why did we eliminate CensorNet again?  I'd like to think about that for
a bit.

[snip]

> RedHat Packages Available but no Debian Packages (7)
>    AUC
>    Nightfall
>    Planets
>    Squeak
>    Tech Tracker
>    WIMS
>    xplns

We should check on whether these are FHS compliant and then see about
using alien to Debanize and Slackwareize them.

> Other Packages Available (tar, tgz, bz2, zip, or jar) (40)
[snip] Same comment as above, but add RPMize them to the list.

> Other (7)
>    Fabula
>       Only Windows package found.

Addressed in a previous message.

>    Kmuser
>       RPM available for KDE 2 and KDE 1, bz2 available for KDE 3.

Addressed in a previous message.

>    Learning Logic
>       Can't locate distribution files.

Waiting for contact with project maintainer.

>    OpenWebSchool
>       Debian package is available but doesn't comply with FHS and
> doesn't have a configuration script for standard web servers.

Where are we on this?  We should see if they're willing to modify the
app or if they'd like some help in doing so.

>    The Neverending Tale
>       Can't locate distribution files.

Waiting for contact with project maintainer.

>    xeukleides
>       Debian packages are available for xeukleides but not eukleides.

We should approach this in the same fashion as OpenWebSchool.

>    Xpert
>       tgz files are available.  Which tgz file to use, that is another
> question.

Contact the maintainer and see what he or she thinks.  It looks like
I'll have to write that message template pretty quickly; I'll get it
done today (I'm snowed in, with ~20-30 cm. of snow on the ground and
more to come).

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain