From: owner-seul-edu@seul.org [mailto:owner-seul-edu@seul.org] On Behalf
Of Doug Loss
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 9:12 AM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: RE: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: Debian Packages

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 17:17, Darryl Palmer wrote:
> Do we have to make sure that if an app provides a Debian package that
it
> installs under Sid?  There are some problems with some packages not
> satisfying all their requirements if you take a package made for Woody
> and try to install it on a Sid system.

I'm not familiar enough with the Debian differences to have an informed
opinion.  The best bet it to contact Raphael Hertzog
(hertzog@debian.org) and ask his opinion.  He's the head of DebianEdu
<http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEdu>; we want to be fully compatible with
whatever they're doing.  Also, Raphael would like some help with
DebianEdu itself, so if anyone's interested in helping there please do
so!