Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 3: Debian menu

Darryl Palmer wrote:
For fun I wrote my first Debian package yesterday, I created a package
for Montessori Bells. I made it as compliant to the Debian Policy as
possible, it has a script wrapper in /usr/bin and even a man page (I put
it in 1 and not 6, don't know if it classified as a "game") but when I
went to create a menu for it I ran into a problem.
[snip]

When I asked the head of DebianEdu which menu educational apps should go
under, he said it was up to the maintainer.  So now the question is,
where should the menu item be for the educational apps?  If we want to
put it under another menu item, then we will need to get approval form
the Debian developer group first.

I think that would be the best idea. It will take longer, but it will also give a single place to find the educational apps. Should we request a top-level menu item similar to Apps or Games, or one under Apps? However we request it, I think we'll need submenus underneath it to further categorize the applications.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain