Re: [seul-edu] Site@School V2.1 betatesters needed

Harry McGregor wrote:

Ok, I wanted to stay out of this, but I can't.

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 05:35, Hans Paijmans wrote:

Why fight the monopoly of Microsoft if we surrender without comment
to the American monopoly on education and culture?

Who says that America has a monopoly on education and culture? Personally, and this comes from living in the US most of my life, I feel
quit the opposite.

Hear, hear. Frankly, except for some universities the U.S. education system is third rate. As for culture -- I thought the Japanese were taking over? :)

One of the more interesting things about working with Open Source SW is the multinational aspect. Here I am running software from Finland, Sweden, Germany, Russia and probably a few other places. I try to point this out to my students from time to time (U.S. students tend not to think much about the rest of the world).

BTW: those of us not born in the U.S. (I'm Canadian) do dislike being lumped in with the U.S. through the use of the term "American". :)
--
Rob R.