Re: [ok-mail] RE: [seul-edu] Remarks from a science educator

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 08:24, Greg Tutunjian wrote:
<snip>
> 3.  A Fortune 100 corporation announces that they are moving off MS-Windows
> as their preferred desktop OS to Linux.  This step will assume 1 and 2,
> above, have been addressed, and will "sway" educators and the like to make
> the same changes. This corporation will have to be a U.S. corporation, as
> "we" tend to follow our own (not "me", just the "follow the [perceived]
> leader" mindset we seem to adhere to, day in and day out.)

Gary,

Just an FYI, recently an IBM email was leaked and then confirmed by IBM.
There was a brief article in The Detroit Free Press (Michigan, USA)
about this. The email notified all at IBM that desktops needed to be on
Linux by the end of 2005.

--

Thanks,

John Hansknecht
Director of Technology
University of Detroit Jesuit High School & Academy
email: john use a period hansknecht funny little a uofdhigh.k12.mi.us