Re: [seul-edu] good Live CD for 5-8 year old school students

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Harry McGregor wrote:

> > I am looking for a specification webpage that lists all the software
> > possibly provides the menus and customizations for it. Does anyone know
> > where this CD is documented?
>
> Not much if the CD is documented.
>
> Most of the packages on it can be seen by the command "dpkg -l"

I understand that. And that is what I will probably start with.

I am hoping to have something ahead of time so when the next release is
planned that I know what it will include earlier.

> > I liked the CD and now I want to make a meta-package for NetBSD pkgsrc so
> > someone can do "pkg_add osef-kids" (or whatever the package will be
> > called) and it will install all the packages from pkgsrc (if they are
> > already there) and set up menus the same.
>
> We are not currently working with anyone in the NetBSD project, though
> if you have contact you would like us to work with please let me know.

I would be the contact.

Is there a mailing list used for discussing this OSEF/Tux4kids CD project?

One of my goals would to have a consistent interface (same software and
same menus) but different back end (NetBSD or other instead of just
Knoppix).

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/