Re: GnomeGradeBook... (and EDUML?)

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Wil Langford wrote:
> Sure.  It's good to have a schoolwide default to save on data entry time,
> but it's also good to be able to make exceptions.  If it's possible to

Also, have an <alt-address> or <address alt=1 (or 2 or 3)> or something.

Because in our university, many students come from overseas and sometimes
go home during the holidays to a nearby country.  From time to time, they
prefer certain documents to be mailed "home" rather than "here" in this
country.

Therefore, the two (or more :P) addresses should have independent locale
tags, e.g.

	<address alt=2 format=federation housing=apartment>
	</address>

Or maybe we should allow format to be
(federation|big-country|small-country) etc...

For example, Singapore doesn't even use a City field since the whole
country is just one big city with suburbs; whereas I'm sure something like
Tokyo is going to have a whole lot of hierarchical sub-divisions.

Oops -- I just realised this is not (yet?) related to EDUML :o  But we can
already see the inter-dependency.

---
Rhandeev Singh                          rhandeev@comp.nus.edu.sg
Linux User Group                        http://linux.comp.nus.edu.sg