GnomeGradeBook Project update

    I'm not listed on the projects page..but I am running a
Linux/Educational project so I might as well tell everyone where I'm at.
    My project, GnomeGradeBook, is still Alpha 0.0.0.  A release won't be
happening for a while.  I have specific functions that I want in it before I
make it 0.0.1.  I have a crude roadmap created.

What I want in the first release:
          1.  Database connectivity
          2.  Supports one class with multiple students
          3.  Each student has a profile on record which contain:
                    a.  Full Name, Address and other personal data
(International address aren't supported yet...but will be in future
releases)
                    b.  Guardian names addresses and work numbers
                    c.  Class schedule
                    d.  each class can be selected and will link to a grade
sheet for that class, and teacher notes about the student.
          4.  Class List.
                a.  contains names of each student.
                b.  contains each assignment and the scores each student has
gotten on them.
                c.  an easy and quick way of imputing grades for an entire
class list.

What I have done, and what I'm working on:
    I have redesigned the layout of GGB, (so the screenshot I posted is
outdated).  If anyone runs the newest version of Balsa...it is similiar.  I
have a student profiling system set up, and I am working on database
connectivity.  Once when I can connect to the database, I will be working on
class lists with grading, then It'll be pretty much release worthy.

What is taking me so long:
    Okay, my original intentions where to get something released by new
years...but I was slowed down by the holidays.  This is just a side project
that I do in my free time.  So I code when I'm not in school and when I'm
not doing homework.

    Bradley Burnside  -  bradley@voyager.net
http://my.voyager.net/bradley/