Re: Introduction

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Mark Harvey wrote:

>Where can U get info of the X clients for Micro$oft windows ???
>
>They mainly have MAC's however a couple of PC's run Win95. I'd love to
>play with an X client on these......

A X client (server? I always get confused.  It's the software that
does the windowing and stuff, while the programs run on the other
machine.) that I've used that's free is Mi/X.

It's free only in cost, not in open-source, but they have versions for
32 bit windows and PPC Macs.  Another problem might be the limited
font set: Xemacs works fine, but Maple didn't work at all.

Check it out at:
http://tnt.microimages.com/www/html/freestuf/mix/

Dan