open directory

Mozilla and Open Directory Project have gotten together at:

http://dmoz.org

(this may well replace the yahoo model of hiring a small staff to do
directories with a more open-source model of letting volunteer experts do
their piece of the directory)

I propose we place our collective work on Open-source education links in the
form of a directory link on dmoz.org.   Right now , dmorg.org is getting
100,000 hits but with netscape backing, it may be one of the big directories
out there... soon.

In their education section, I found this nugget: CyberU Free Internet Basics
Elective Grade 9-12

http://www.cris.com/~Awolinsk/cyberu/contents.htm

(the content is a classic internet introduction.  what I like about this
particular link is the layout is teacher-friendly, very relevant AND
exciting and fun to read (for younger students, and ESL students, the
vocabulary is nice and easy)

Bruno