QZB design rethinked. Web-page updated

Dear collegues,

I have concentrated my latest thoughts about QZB and put them atop of

http://cran.mit.edu/~rnd

(I called it design v.2)

Unfortunately, I have so little time that its almost impossible
to produce any code yet.

But do not be distracted by this fact.
There are tons of quiz-systems and I do not want  to  make  yet
another.

What I want is to put my expertise in the form  of  quiz-system
data structures and the engine and provide a system which  will
be extensible.

Current information systems are a honeybee of different kinds of systems,
environments and so on. And what I want is to found a well-thought design
so the system will live as long as several decades and there will be no
need to worry that new version of quiz software will replace it:  in other
words, I regard quizzes as part of the knowledge base.  And knowledge
representation must be made open and easily browsable even 400 years from
now. We can read books printed 400 years ago but not some forgotten
proprietary word-processor files 4 years from now!  This must not happen
to didactic material which is being put into proprietary forms due to lack
of open standards.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
Russia * Karelia * Petrozavodsk
Sunday, January 24, 1999 * Powered by Linux RedHat 5.1