Re: Teacher Package

Perhaps we should also look into making it SuSE compliant.  The additional
installs are even easier than in RH.  YaST takes care of all dependancy
problems (if you click a button to tell it to do so).  Another nice thing
about SuSE is that it comes with many more software packages 6 CDs full of
additional applications.  Perhaps we could get SuSE to distribute the
packages on their distribution.  They are much better about communicating
than RH is.  Unfortunately, the only thing I dislike about it is that I
have never gotten it to install on the first try except when I use the
format the HD for me button.  But perhaps that's not so bad for most people.

It's a little odd for me to recommend this since I like the RH installation
a bit better, I can do a more precise installation more easily, but that
may not be helpful to beginners.  However, I have heard that you can do a
simple install with RH now too.  But I do know that RH even with it's Glint
program it won't resolve dependancies.  I often give up looking for what I
need with this silly program because I just can't find the dependancies
fast enough.  Too bad there isn't an option to list things alaphbetically
or (better yet too bad it doesn't fix dependancies like SuSE).

Anyway, just an idea.  No flames please for bringing up my personal
experiences with various distributions.