Re: EDU How-Tos

Bill Tihen wrote:

> I am hoping to start writing and getting other to write EDU How-Tos.  Here
> is a basic format that I think would be helpful.
[...]
> Does this sound like a decent framework?

I think so.  I would advise making it clear in the HOWTO title that it's
aimed at educational use, i.e., LINUX SERVER & MAC WORKSTATIONS IN AN
EDUCATIONAL SETTING.

> Anyone want to help write some?

I'll document my efforts to get Linux into a heretofore heavily
Macintosh school district (my local one).  That will be as much advocacy
as technical, I suspect.

> I can write one for the Linux Server, Mac lab (but of course I would be
> happy to let some else do or work with me).  I am currently working on
> Linux Server, NT lab -- sorry some apps I need just don't exist on linux

Oh, Bill, you can't just leave it at that!  What NT-only apps are
keeping you from removing it?  This may be a prime case of a need for
developing a Linux program to address a need.

When you get something ready there will be room for it on the SEUL
server, and we will make sure its availability is publicized.

--
Doug Loss                 A life spent making mistakes is not only
Data Network Coordinator  more honorable, but more useful than a