When a modem is not a modem

My original message did not post so please understand if you got it twce....

fwiw..
The TELEPORT is actually a WIN MODEM.  It is part of a Windows=only class of modems.  Can we start a thread on these and similar devices?

AND..... COMMERCIAL
Don't forget to visit the Educational needs posting page  ::
http://www.slip.net/~brk/linuxedpp.htm
Bill

--
Today is the beginning of all time.
Today is the end of all time.

Bill Ries-Knight Computer Services

www.slip.net/~brk

Gregg Berkholtz wrote:

  I am setting up PPP on my Slackware 3.6 box.
  I am attempting to connect to Teleport, but I can only get as far as the

  "connect PPP0 <--> dev/cua0"
  In my /var/log/messages file.

  route -n, and ifconfig never show a PPP interface.

  It looks like something is stopping the process, anyone care to share
  their PPP scripts.

  I have included my config files below, if anyone would like to look at
  them.

  By the way, my local network IP address is 192.168.1.*
  This computer should have the IP address 192.108.1.4
  This may, or may not have anything to do with it...

  Thanks GREATLY!
  Gregg Berkholtz

  ----pppscript----
  TIMEOUT 360
  ABORT ERROR
  ABORT BUSY
  ABORT "NO CARRIER"
  ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
  "" "AT&FH0"
  OK "atdt9722800"
  TIMEOUT 1800
  CONNECT \c

  -------options.demand--------
  lock
  defaultroute
  noipdefault
  modem
  /dev/cua0
  115200
  crtscts
  debug
  passive
  require-pap
  pap-timeout 60
  asyncmap 00000000
  name "gbcomput"
  ipcp-accept-local
  ipcp-accept-remote
  192.168.1.4:10.10.10.10
  demand
  connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/pppscript"

  -------options-------
  lock
  mru 512
  -detach
  defaultroute
  noipdefault
  modem
  /dev/cua0
  115200
  crtscts
  debug
  passive
  asyncmap 00000000
  name "gbcomput"

  ----------/var/log/messages-------
  gregg chat[748]: ^M
  gregg chat[748]: atdt9722800^M^M
  gregg pppd[747]: Serial connection established.
  gregg chat[748]: CONNECT -- got it
  gregg chat[748]: send ()
  gregg pppd[747]: Using interface ppp0
  gregg pppd[747]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cua0

--
Today is the beginning of all time.
Today is the end of all time.
Today is.