Re: [seul-edu] EduML questions

  >> Doug Loss writes:

  DL> On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, "Culp, David" wrote:

  >> No problem...............I actually thought about GTK when I
  >> started, I like the way Qt handles a few things. [...]
  >> Hmmmm.....maybe I will switch to GTK..... I Like C a WHOLE bunch
  >> more than C++!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  >>
  DL> You guys do realize there are two other gradebook projects
  DL> listed on our projects page, right?  You should also contact
  DL> Bradley Burnside and Justin Maurer directly and see if they'd
  DL> like to fold their work into your new-n-improved Linux
  DL> gradebook.  I haven't heard from Justin is a long while, but
  DL> Bradley is still hoping to work on his gradebook but is kept
  DL> from it by other priorities.  One or both of them may be very
  DL> interested in joining you.

I have listened to my husband complain for three years now
about no gradebook for linux.  Personally I don't care what language
is used I just wish someone would get a finished program out!

If y'all really want linux to make it in the school system this
is one of the critical programs that are needed.  It doesn't have
to be a mamoth program to run a whole school - just something that
will keep a gradebook for an individual teacher.  It doesn't have
to do html - it doesn't have to be web accessable.  There have
been programs for the mac and pc that have done this for over ten years.

Connie Neal

--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself
if you can't see where it keeps its brain?"