Re: [seul-edu] pick a logo for seul!!

Hello!

"Collette K. McNeill" wrote:

> Several draft versions of logos for SEUL.org and its subsets /edu and /pub are
> located on http://www.mlwebworks.com/seul
>
> Please review and vote on a design to take to completion.  The logo will be used
> on a banner for use at conventions, and possibly used on the SEUL.org website.
> Once a specific design or set of designs is chosen, the final design can be
> turned around in 48 hrs.

First of all, great work! You've clearly done this before :-)

I personally really liked the look of Set 4, the Eastern Influence, though
my concern would be that it doesn't really bring anything across as to what
SEUL or its subsidiaries are - in fact, given the oddity of the pseudo-word
seul, people may assume that it is an Asian project of some type, not even
neccessarily Linux oriented (if you'll excuse the pun!).

Given that, I'd recommend Set 6. They're graphiacally pleasing, and the
icons for EDU and PUB immediately provoke feelings of school and
publishing, respectively. The fact that "Simple End User Linux" is spelled
out clears up any question as to what this is about. I could see attending
an Educational or a Linux conference and immediately identifying what that
booth was there for.

If Set 6 was chosen, I'd probably choose the Sun logo for SEUL proper.
While I've always assumed that seul sounded like tool, I like the thought
of Sol, and it might be worth changing the pronunciation for the logo's
sake - I've never heard of a sool, and wouldn't know where to begin drawing
one!

Just my two cents!

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator