Re: [seul-edu] New member of the seul-edu ML

> The project is hosted at http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~ttempe
> We would greatly appreciate review, and (technical) proof-reading (mostly by people who understand french, as the critical parts are not translated into english ;)

Bonjour Thomas,

J'ai regarde rapidement les documents a l'adresse ci dessus. Voici quelques commentaires, en anglais pour le benefice de tous:

This looks like an ambitious and very interesting projects. From (quickly) reading the documentation that is available, I would give the following comments:

You seem seem to have started defining the data structure. I strongly encourage you to look at EDUml, as I believe this is exactly what they do.

Did you look look into Zope and other server architecture for your data base ? If you used XML (which I don't really know anything about, it just looks nice), it might save you the trouble of writing the whole server side of your engine.

Why not make the client side a web browser with html (xml) data going back and forth ? That way you will be compatible with all the platform right off the bat, and you won't have to worry about porting your windows code to an X terminal (and all the maintenance nightmare). Maybe some Java applets or something. Quite a few (C, C++) development kit for Linux/*nix/BSD have libraries for Win32, so maybe you could use that too.

Overall, it certainly looks like you put a lot of work into it.  Nice to see somebody doing the "think first, program later" thing ... ;-)

Bonne continuation.

Chris.

PS: The chamgelog file is not accessible.
PPS: about saving the word documents as RTF ?