Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: possible to donate linux pcs?]

Well, I can most certainly think of a few places, some even academic ;)

Peter Salzman from the Linux User Group of Davis (which I helped
co-found some time ago) [www.lugod.org] might have a place where one or
some machines acn be used.  I already had donated a VA machine (in VAs
name) to work on a project with one of the local high-schools.  It is
currently in use as a server and build environment for upper classmen
who want to learn serious coding.

There is Barnstable High School in Massachusetts, who have a mini LUG
(about 12 hobbyist-students) who have been working at using Linux as
much as possible in the school, and even have ambitions of building a 4
node 486 cluster, just as a proof of concept...they just lack the 486
machines ;)

There is the linux.hu (at one of the Universities in the capitol) that
needs hw.  They are the backbone for Hungary, and very underpowered.

If anyone wants the contact info, I will happily pass it along, as well
as mention some other opportunities to help.