[seul-edu] Linux in Education presentation

Hello,

At my LUG meeting last night (TriLUG - http://www.trilug.org) a lot of
members expressed interest in holding a meeting this summer and invite
school board officials, faculty, teachers, etc. and offer a presentation on
the state of Linux in education, as a precursor to us offering volunteer
services to set up Linux in classrooms or wherever it is needed.

Trouble is, nobody in our LUG has direct experience with this.  I'm sending
out this email because I suppose I'm probably the most interested in this
(but still not terribly well informed).  I have no school affiliation, no
kids (yet) or anything but have just been keeping my ear to the ground for
an opportunity to help out locally.  Also I figure I've not spoken in front
of the LUG yet so maybe this is the right time.

Has anyone else here done such a presentation that I might be able to build
on?  Or perhaps there is a freely available presentation already in wide use
that I can work from?

Thanks!

Chris Hedemark
System Administrator
Billions of Operations Per Second, Inc.
6340 Quadrangle Drive, Suite 210
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: (919)403-6757 x139
Fax: (919)402-9442
email: hedemark@bops.com <mailto:hedemark@bops.com>
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to
understand the simplicity."
Dennis Ritchie