Re: [seul-edu] Linux in education report #37 for January 15

> January 15, 2001--Robert J. Chassell sent us a very nice tutorial to using
> gnuplot via GNU Emacs Calc mode, in response to our request for tutorials
> on the use of gnuplot. We hope to make it available online soon.

Doug, if it would help, I can quickly put a link to a text
version of the document on the web in the math teachers guide
with Mr. Chassell's credits. Otherwise, I would like to put a
link in the math teachers guide to this tutorial when it is
finished. I thought it contained a lot of good information.

Another site with many useful links for math education that
I've run across lately is Martindale's Reference Desk.

Also (should probably put this in another messge)
Bruno Vernier has a new link for EduML pages that I have put
into the guide. The EduML pages combine the capabilities of a wiki
with inline latex, python, you name it. It looks like a very
promising direction to take for tools in math education as well as
other areas. Here's the link in case you haven't seen it.

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US