Re: [seul-edu] Thoughts on teaching programming

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Doug Loss wrote:

>From: Gary Frankenbery <gfranken@grantspass.k12.or.us>
>>
>>Price and quality of textbooks and other teaching materials also drives the
>>language choice.  There isn't much time in the modern 9-12 teacher's life
>>to develop such materials, so good (and inexpensive)
>>textbook/lab/testing/on-line resources/software instructional materials are
>>a must.
>>
>You should look at the Open Book Project <http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/>
>They've got at least a start at that.  There's also the Python CP4E
>(Computer Programming for Everyone) initiative, but I don't have a URL handy
>for that.

     * Computer Programming for Everybody project
       ( http://www.python.org/cp4e/ )
Python in Education Special Interest group (edu-sig) (English)

>Doug Loss

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Wednesday, January 09, 2002 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/