[seul-edu] Hello, I'd like to introduce myself...

Hello,

My name is Michael Surran. I am the system administrator and
computer science teacher at Greater Houlton Christian Academy. This
year is our first school year running an entirely Linux-based
computer lab. Our staff is also using Linux. We made the switch this
summer when we upgraded to all new computers (replacing the old,
failing donations we used up to this point). I decided to
switch to Linux to save considerable money in this upgrade and
because I found it (and open source software in general) to be
superior to much of the proprietary software that we could not
afford.

The software base we have at this time is quite good for our upper
level (junior high and high school) students. Educational software
for the elementary is something I am interested in at this time.
While I am currently not developing software, this may change in the
future (during summer break) as the need arises. In the meantime, I
am quite interested in following what new projects are discussed on
this list.

If you'd like to know more about our school and how we use Linux,
visit www.ghca.com/computers.

Mike
michael.surran@verizon.net