Re: [seul-edu] GED and homeschooling question

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Noah Scott wrote:

First off, if anyone feels this is off topic, please let us know, before a
full thread is started.

> Hello,
>
> i am a homeschooled teenager in oregon, and i was wondering where
> i could find out more information about having my parents give me
> a diploma for home schooling, and if there are any tests that i
> would have to take out of home to get that, and also do you know
> if the GED tests are hard??

I don't know about the diploma, but as far as the GED tests go, they are
VERY VERY easy.  I was very surprised when I took them (at the end of 10th
grade, before skipping on to community college), I did not study for them
at all, and passed with at least a 98th percentile.

I don't know exactly how this links to open source and free software in
K-12 education -:)

			Harry

> thank you for your time
>
> Noah~

Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)
Open Source Education Foundation, http://www.osef.org
A non-profit tax exempt charitable organization