Re: [seul-edu] ISO evals

Dear Doug Loss,

I would rather glad to help you. I am a Systems Manager at an Post Graduate Institution. I am part of the FSF Movement, Kerala, India. We have tested some of your products. They are good but need improvement. How do you think I can help in the Phase 2. Can I also know, if possible, the criteria you used to decide the software to be used in phase 1 and also which ones.

Regards,

Sidhu

Doug Loss wrote:

As you'll recall, I asked for people who were interested in doing some Phase 1 evals for the ISO project to contact me by Wednesday. Well, no one did. I have the names and email addresses of the people who had previously agreed to do some evals, and I'll contact them in the next few days. But I'd really like to have more people helping to do this. I realize that most internet-organized groups have 90+% passive membership with only a few active, but I'd like to see us do better than that. This is an important project, and the Phase 1 evals are trivially easy to do. They literally won't take more than a few hours of your time to do for many of the categories in our App Index. If you're not sure what the procedures and requirements for the eval are, just read through the web pages at <http://www.seul.org/edu/iso.html>. If you're serious about wanting to help promote Linux in the schools, here's a good way for you to contribute to the effort.