[seul-edu] Re: [school-discuss] Some changes--part 5, SEUL/edu itself

See note below

drloss@suscom.net wrote:

 > On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 02:13, Les Richardson wrote:
 >

 >> Well, I'll help out, but I don't really want to transfer stuff to
another
 >> server, etc.  It's easily virtualized, if needs be.
 >>

 > I wasn't thinking about moving it to another server, just
 > re-virtualizing your seul.org websites as schoolforge.net ones.
 >

 >> I won't have time for a full scale "code assault" on the Freshmeat
problem
 >> until this summer. I've got to finish the XML coding and the online
 >> gradebook for Open Admin first (along with some improved
documentation ).
 >> That should conclude major developmental goals in the short term.
(Target: late spring) It's currently being used in 3 divisions in Sask.
 >> with more planning to implement in the next school year. Thus, this
is my
 >> first priority.
 >>
 >> I should then have time to work on the Freshmeat problem.
 >>

 > That's fine, Les.  I think we all agree that your work on Open Admin
 > should come first.  I certainly do.  I'll try to add more entries to the
 > current AppIndex in the meantime, to maintain its utility.  Everyone
 > else, please join me in doing so!  And I'll look into the
 > re-categorization I've talked about on and off for a very long time,
 > too.
 >

 >> I will however help with anything required for the resumption of the
 >> newsletter, including new code (ie. RSS/XML/RDF, etc.) if you'd like to
 >> look at authoring in some other manner.
 >>

 > Thanks, Les.  But the reports resumption will depend on someone or ones
 > else agreeing to do the writing.  Still an open question.

If you're going to New York for LinuxWorld please look for John
Weathersby or me, Tom Adelstein.

I believe we can provide a total solution.  We're in the process of
launching a Open Source Competency Center at a major University in
Mississippi. They have a particular interest in K12 endeavors and can
put resources on every aspect of the effort.