My ideas may not be compatible with your but...

The point I've been trying to make is that we're all trying to do the
same thing, reach the same goal but in different ways.

Now imagine the following scenario.

You get some coverage in online Linux magazines.

50 programmers who have no educational expertise at all want to help
you.

They all want something to do but they don't know what. They're eager to
start coding within a week or two or they'll be disheartened and find
other projects elsewhere to work on.

What would you do with these people? There's nothing really at the site
to get them started is there? They couldn't educate themselves to be
educators and base their own project on that.

So if there's no info. there to help them decide what they can do - then
someone must guide them.

How would you manage this large team of eager volunteers who don't know
anything about what you're doing?

So disagree with my ideas about the commercial way of doing things if
you want but give me a realistic response to the above.