Re: Having problems with NIS

On Sat, 03 Jul 1999 11:36:42 -0700, Robert Hopcroft <hopcroft@uswest.net> wrote:

> Daniel Glenn asked:
>
>> I've spent some time trying to find out how to addusers that can
> be
>> accessed across the whole network, but have been unable to do so.
>
>> We are running RedHat 6.0. I know everything is working, I can log
> into
>> my account from anywhere on the network. But I cannot figure out how
>> add a new user.
>
> I have not seen a response to this request. Does anyone know?

I'm not using NIS, so I didn't have a good answer for this.  Besides Bob's suggestion, I'd consider posting a message to one or more of the newsgroups on Usenet, probably comp.os.linux.networking or comp.os.linux.misc.

Doug Loss            Democracy substitutes election by the
dloss@csrlink.net    incompetent many for appointment by
(570) 326-3987       the corrupt few.
                        George Bernard Shaw